A delicious dessert and a real delight served with a glass or two of Croft Original Sherry. See the full recipe below.
- 180g flour
- 100g butter
- 30g icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 220g caster sugar
- 130ml double cream
- Extra icing sugar (for decoration)
- Fresh raspberries (for decoration)
- Croft Original (to serve)
- Place the flour, butter and icing sugar into a mixer and pulse to create a crumby mixture.
- Separate one egg and add the yolk to the mixer and pulse again until the mixture sticks together.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and place on a floured work top. Knead the pastry for one minute and place into baking parchment and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Butter a tart tin and sprinkle with flour. Roll out the dough to slightly larger than the size of the tin.
- Carefully place the pastry into the tin, pushing the edges in to the corners and then lightly poke holes all over with a fork.
- Cover with baking parchment, add baking beads and bake at 200C for 15 minutes and then leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, caster sugar and cream and whisk together by hand.
- Gently pour the mixture into the pastry and bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 170C.
- Leave the tart to cool before removing from the tin and decorating with a dusting of icing sugar and raspberries.