A classic favourite, especially as a post-barbeque treat, a trifle is the perfect addition to any occasion. A dash of Croft Original helps this iconic dessert stand out as something truly special.
Enjoy it with friends and family alongside a tender glass of Croft Original, or unleash your inner Bake Off star and try it alongside Sandro’s Summer Spritz.
- 250g custard (or vegan substitute)
- 375g strawberries (hulled and halved) and blueberries
- 3 tbsp Croft Original Sherry
- 200 ml double cream (or vegan substitute)
- 125g caster sugar
- A handful of fresh raspberries or almonds to decorate (optional)
- 1 Madeira cake
- ¼ cup of water
- A pack of jelly cubes (or vegan substitute)
- Croft Original (to serve)
- In a large pan, add the sugar, a little water, and fruit to bring to a low simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the jelly mix using the instructions on the packet.
- Cut the Madeira cake into cubes and arrange in the trifle bowl.
- Pour the fruit and juices and Croft Original over the cake.
- Pour over the prepared jelly mix and chill until set
- Once set, cover with custard (mix with mascarpone if you prefer your trifle a little less sweet)
- Whip the double cream, add to the top of the trifle and decorate with almonds and fresh raspberries.
- Enjoy with a glass of Croft Original or Sandro’s Summer Spritz!