Croft Sherry Trifle
A classic favourite, especially during the festive period. With a dash of Croft Original making it extra special, this one will go down a treat with friends and family. Watch the video for a quick run through or see the full recipe below.
- 180g flour
- 100g butter
- 30g icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 220g caster sugar
- 130ml double cream
- Extra icing sugar (for decoration)
- Fresh raspberries (for decoration)
- Croft Original (to serve)
- In a large pan, add the sugar, water and fruit to bring to a low simmer for 2 minutes. Reserve some fruit and juice at this stage to use later in the recipe and then continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Soak 9 gelatine leaves in water whilst straining the cooked fruit through a sieve.
- Add the softened gelatine leaves to the warm mixture to dissolve.
- Cut the Madeira cake into cubes and make the custard.
- Once the ingredients have cooled, start to arrange in the trifle bowl with the cake, reserved juice and fruit and Croft Original.
- Cover with custard and then top with the jelly mixture.
- Mix the cream and icing sugar together and add to the top of the trifle and decorate with crushed amoretti biscuits and fresh raspberries.
- Chill in the fridge until the jelly is set and enjoy with a glass of Croft Original.